As they say, ‘the only constant is change’. We have written about the changes to A Level General Paper and updates to O Level English earlier, and now it’s time to talk about the latest change in the education world: the world renowned International Baccalaureate is revamping some of its subject syllabi to keep up with the times. In this article, we bring you through changes to the new IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) biology course, which was launched this year to be taught to the first batch of students in August 2023. The first IBDP biology exam following the new assessment format will happen in May 2025.
If you are starting on the new DP Biology syllabus and feeling a bit lost, do not fret! Future Academy’s IB tutors are here to help you navigate the new course format and ensure you get the revision and practice that you need to conquer the subject.
Overview of IBDP Biology new syllabus:
- The new syllabus will be implemented from August 2023
- The first exam with the new syllabus will take place in May 2025
- Changes include a reduction in subject content and more emphasis on conceptual understanding and skills
- The external assessments (written papers) will contain 2 papers instead of 3
- The Internal Assessment is now called the Scientific Investigation
- The interdisciplinary Group 4 Project is now called the Collaborative Science Project