Private Group Tuition Advantage
Private group tuition refers to a tuition conducted by a professional tutor with more than one student. At Future Academy we strictly control the student to teacher ratio under 6:1. That is to ensure every students in our classroom will be given enough attention and guidance to meet individual needs.
Let’s compare the differences between private group tuition, home tuition and big group tuition.
Advantages of Private Group Tuition compared to Private Home Tuition:
- More cost effective
- Tuition Centres provides systematic materials, i.e. notes and worksheets
- Usually Full-Time Tutors who are more committed to their profession
- Proper room set-up with relevant equipment for more conducive learning
- Allows children to share knowledge and have fruitful discussion
- Encourage children to interact and collaborate
- Positive competition to push the students to do well
- Effective time management – Study shows children with private tuition tends to pay less attention in school as they think they can always make-up with their private tutors
- One’s question maybe another’s unknown riddle – Having no questions doesn’t mean that a person knows everything. It might just mean that he has not encountered any opportunities yet regarding the subject. In a Group Tutor, questions raised by other students are already an additional learning for some.
Advantages of Private Group Tuition compared to Big Group Tuition:
- Tutors are able to cater to individual needs of students
- Less distraction compared to when there are too many students in the class
- Tutors know the students very well and track students’ progress regularly
After considering all pros and cons of small private group tuition and private home tuition, most students find small private group tuition might suit their needs more.
We offer private group Mathematics tuition, Physics tuition, Biology tuition, Chemistry tuition and Chinese tuition.
Every lesson, there will be notes and worksheets given to students to reinforce learning and/or consolidate learning.
In private groups, tutors are able to know their students very well, i.e. what topics he/she is good at, what skills he/she needs to improve on. Tutors are able to give advice to them and help them more effectively.
With ongoing student progress tracking, both parents and students will be given constant feedback from tutors. They are also encouraged to contact the centre should they have any queries on the tutee’s progress.