Knowing what to expect when you join a tuition class is always a good idea! One useful thing to check out are any sample learning materials or notes provided by the tutor.
From samples such as class notes and worksheets, it’s possible to glean some sense of the structure, accuracy, and depth of teaching to expect. Of course, our tutors put in a lot of heart and dedication into sourcing, sorting, and creating some of these notes themselves!
In this article, we’re here to share some science notes for the Sec 1 topic of Diffusion and Osmosis. It is one of the trickier topics in lower sec science, and a good Sec 1 Science Tutor can make a difference in whether the student gets it or gets lost in the fog.
- Learning objectives are clearly stated to show the contents of the lesson, as well as serve as a useful checkpoint after class or during revision.
- Key definitions are clear, complete, and succinct, easy for students to highlight and memorise for their exams.
- Text is presented in concise point forms for easy reading and reference.
- Diagrams and images intersperse the notes to enhance understanding for visual learners.
- Flowcharts and mindmaps are a common sighting in all our notes, as they serve as a good summary that helps students see how concepts are related to each other.