Small group tuition refers to a tuition conducted by a professional tutor with more than one student.
Let us compare the differences between small group tuition, private home tuition and big group tuition.
Advantages of Small Group Tuition compared to Private Home Tuition:
- More cost effective
- Tuition Centre provides systematic materials, i.e. notes and worksheets
- Usually Full-Time Tutors who are more committed to their profession
- Proper room set-up with relevant equipment for more conducive learning
- Allows children to share knowledge and have fruitful discussion
- Encourage children to interact and collaborate
- Positive competition to push the students to do well
- Effective time management – Study shows children with private tuition tends to pay less attention in school as they think they can always make-up with their private tutors
- One’s question maybe another’s unknown riddle – Having no questions doesn’t mean that a person knows everything. It might just mean that he has not encountered any opportunities yet regarding the subject. In a Group Tutor, questions raised by other students are already an additional learning for some.
Advantages of Small Group Tuition compared to Big Group Tuition:
- Tutors are able to cater to individual needs of students
- Less distraction compared to when there are too many students in the class
- Tutors know the students very well and track students’ progress regularly
After considering all pros and cons of small group tuition and private home tuition, many students find small group tuition might suit their needs more.