Getting into a Junior College in Singapore is mostly about your O Level score. If you’re lucky, having some bonus points can help you reach the cut-off point to get into your dream school!
While most bonus points will require you to hit a certain grade for your O Level subjects or for your CCA grade, there is only one that isn’t based on any grade or academic criteria. Instead, it is about whether your secondary school is affiliated to any junior college.
If you choose a junior college that is affiliated to your secondary school, you get to deduct 2 bonus points from your O level raw score! It sounds so effortless, but to really reap the rewards, you have to plan early and enter a secondary school with the right affiliations. After all, there’s no use if the affiliated school is not even a school you want to go to.
So, let’s check out which secondary schools have affiliations to junior colleges in Singapore:
Other bonus points
As mentioned, you can get bonus points deducted for a variety of other reasons, mainly for certain language subjects and CCA grades. Find out how to calculate your L1R5. If you don’t have any school affiliations, here are some other bonus points you may be able to use:
- Excellent CCA grade (A1 or A2) – Minus 2 bonus points
- Good CCA grade (B3 to C6) – Minus 1 bonus point
- Good English and Higher Mother Tongue Language grade (A1 to C6) – Minus 2 bonus points
- Good Chinese or Malay Special Programme or Bahasa Indonesia grade (A1 to C6) – Minus 2 bonus points
- Get selected for Chinese, Malay, or Tamil Language Elective Programme (offered in some JCs) – Minus 2 bonus points
In total, each student can deduct a maximum of 4 bonus points, even if you qualify for more bonus points.
Looking for more information on affiliated schools? Check out primary schools with affiliations.