JC General Paper specialist. Mr Chuah is a Master of Education (English) under the National Institute of Education (NIE). As an English specialist, he is also awarded the TEFL certificate by the University of Toronto and the Cambridge CELTA certificate with a Pass A. Mr Chuah is also the receiver of numerous positive testimonials from past students for his role as a tutor.
- Has seven years of English language teaching experience
- Taught in various tuition centres and delivered effective English language lessons catering to secondary and junior college students
- Upholds active communication with parents in order to provide updates about student’s progress
- Able to give detailed assessments to students respectively if needed
- Master of Education (English), National Institute of Education (NIE)
- TEFL Certificate, University of Toronto (Canada)
- Nanyang Technological University, Bachelor of Engineering (with Honours)
- MOE scholar
MR CHUAH'S APPROACH
My approach to teaching is all about efficiency. Reading articles is GREAT, if you have the time.
I encourage my students to read more. However, if you are depending on this as an exam strategy, you may be sorely disappointed.
Let me tell you why.
Firstly, not all students know how to translate what they read to their essays and AQ. Secondly, reading articles mindlessly means you forget 80% of what you read. Lastly, many students simply do not have the time to read as widely as they should. Think of the other A level subjects. That is why you need to rely on cheatsheets to help you with your revision. The condensed info will definitely boost your content knowledge in minutes. I also give regular quizzes to students to help them remember important info.
Make no mistake. I love reading, and I hope I can inspire all my students to become avid readers. But I’m also a big advocate of studying smart.